When mid-afternoon arrives do you feel a slump in energy, or do you finish work feeling totally exhausted? Perhaps in the mornings, it takes a long time to get going?
Feeling low in vitality can be symptoms of something not functioning right in the body. However, many people just accept that that’s just the way it is. There are plenty of things that you should be doing, and we’re going to share a few in this article.
When first meeting our new clients, it gives us an opportunity to find out what is actually going on in their life, their energy and stress levels. See feeling tired can be an indicator of a few factors, we find these are the most popular:
- Low intake of good quality food throughout the day usually has a big impact on energy levels
- Vitamin and mineral shortages (low vitamin B or D can be a cause of low energy and mood)
- Poor and irregular sleep patterns (a common one is going to bed too late or not getting enough real, quality sleeping hours)
- Daily stress levels where someone is not in control of their day
- Food intolerances can have an impact on digestion which can then influence energy dips throughout the day or even quality of sleep
- Too much use of stimulants such as coffee, nicotine or lack of unwinding, relaxation time before bed can impact sleep, therefore, impacting energy levels the next day
When you know what can cause energy levels in your lifestyle, then you can consciously start to change things to improve. Here are some things you can start to put in place if any of the above points resonate with you:
- Structure your day in a way which gets you to do the tasks which require the most effort first
- Start going to bed before 10:30pm each day for 2 weeks and see if this makes a difference.
- Daily stress levels which someone loses control of their day.
- Lack of unwinding, relaxation before bed.
- Food intolerances can have an impact on digestion and energy levels.
- Poor and irregular sleeping patterns.
After doing this for 14 days you should not a considerable difference to your energy levels. You can use these tips in future if you experience low energy levels throughout the day.